In esoteric circles people love to share their knowledge with their peers. Not everyone understands the dynamics of the spiritual principle they are lecturing about. In this way some strange esoteric myths developed over the years. One of these myths is about the necessity of grounding.
It happened years ago, but I remember it vividly; I visited a healer who told me that I was not properly grounded. How he noticed this? I had cold feet and that was because I did not absorb earth-energy properly. That was the cause of my issues. I was flabbergasted and immediately knew that I had been given a complete silly advice.
Do people sometimes tell you that you are not properly grounded? Or did you tell this to someone else? What is being grounded, and what isn’t?
What is ‘being grounded’?
Being grounded means that you are able to translate the fruits of your rich spiritual life into your daily life: into your work, your family, and it reflects the choices that you make.
When you are properly grounded, you ask yourself questions like:
- Does my day job reflect my your spiritual mission in life?
- Are the products that I use produced in a sustainable and ethical way?
- Do the products that I buy help me to realize my spiritual vision.
- Do you give worth to things that you consider worthwhile?
- Is my own behavior an example for my vision of how to interact with people in my environment?
- What do the events that happen in my life tell me?
- What lectures do I need to learn?
- How do I become a better version of yourself, so that you become a more effective channel for the divine?
Being properly grounded means that you not only reach for Heaven, but that you are also rooted in the Earth, and you are actively contributing on making Earth a little bit more like heaven.
Western Esoterism is not only focused upon Heaven above, but also actively working at the realization of the Heaven inside and the Heaven on Earth.
Spirituality is not an excuse for escapism. It is a system where you can develop yourself esoterically, psychologically and materially, in a way that contributes to making this world a better place. This is called the Magnum Opus, the Great Work. Because you transform yourself by the spiritual process, you transform your life and spiritual forces will materialize through your work. That is grounding!
Ina Custers van Bergen
Magical Order Temple of Starlight
Do you want to do the Great Work, and better yourself and the world, than the Solo Magical Training might be something for you.